Steal Away Director's notes,
invitation to post a monologue
Record and Post a Self-Tape Monologue On TikTok:
Choose a character, download the monologue
Self-tape your monologue
- TikTok videos must be Portrait orientation, not landscape
- Read only your actual monologue (no other text) looking just off-camera
- Auditions must not exceed 60 seconds (you may trim words to shorten)
Upload your audition to your TikTok account
- Click the button at the bottom of your device
- Select your self-tape video –
don’t add any sounds, filters, or effects
- Click the subsequent NEXT buttons until you arrive at the POST page
- Don’t post yet!
Add the #Hashtags from your character card
- In the “Describe your video” section, copy and paste the FOUR hashtags from your character card
- EXTREMELY IMPORTANT! Adding all four hashtags will enable us to correctly categorize your audition
- Ensure that “Who can watch this video” is set to Everyone
- Adjust the other settings (comments, duet, stitch) as you please
Post and share your audition
- We can’t wait to see your work!
- Once your audition is uploaded, click the three dots on the lower right and SHARE your audition on all social media platforms and with as many friends as possible to raise your audition’s profile
- The Director and Producers will be directly monitoring TikTok for outstanding auditions that rise to their attention
Like other auditions
- Support your fellow actors by asking your friends to check out other auditions on Tik Tok using #StealAwayCasting and liking their favorites.
- Break a leg!
Click on a character below for the audition sides
Each week we will launch a new character and highlight outstanding auditions for that character on our TikTok page @StealAwayMovie